Kitchen Cabinet Financing
Get pre-qualified for a kitchen cabinet loan in just minutes. Checking rates won’t affect your credit score
Kitchen Cabinet Loans
The kitchen is seen to be the heart of the home. It is likely to be the room where you spend most of your time, whether that be cooking, eating, entertaining, or spending time with family and friends. Replacing or updating your kitchen cabinets can make a huge difference to the way your kitchen looks and feels, but this crucial part of the kitchen does not come without cost. If you want to update your kitchen but don’t have the funding you need, you can look to kitchen cabinet financing.
Applying for a kitchen cabinet loan is fast and easy:
How Pasha Funding Works
Compare personal loan rates
Compare best personal loan rates in our network
Can you get kitchen cabinet financing?
Yes, it is possible to obtain financing for kitchen cabinets. Several options are available for financing home improvement projects, including kitchen cabinet purchases. With this type of funding, you can cover the costs of materials and installation of kitchen cabinets without having to use up all of your savings.
How much should I budget for kitchen cabinets?
Due to the huge variety of materials available and quality level, kitchen cabinets can cost anything from around $1,800 to $21,000+, with a national average of about $5,400.
If you are looking for more affordable cabinets, you should consider stock cabinets that will cost $2,500 to $7,500 for 25 linear feet. For mid-range pricing, you will want to look at semi-custom cabinets which will cost $3,750 to $16,250 for 25 linear feet. If you are prepared to pay more for quality, custom kitchen cabinets will set you back $12,000 to $30,000 or more for 25 linear feet.
How can I save costs on my kitchen cabinets?
If you're planning a kitchen remodel and want to save costs without compromising on quality, consider these smart strategies that can help you achieve your goals without breaking the bank. By making thoughtful choices and utilizing personal loans effectively, you can transform your kitchen within a budget.
- Create a Detailed Budget: Before diving into your kitchen remodel, create a detailed budget that outlines all your expenses. Identify the essential elements, such as cabinets, countertops, and appliances, and allocate funds accordingly. By having a clear financial roadmap, you can prioritize your spending and prevent overspending.
- Opt for Personal Loans: Personal loans can be a valuable tool to finance your kitchen remodel. With competitive interest rates and flexible repayment terms, they provide an accessible means of funding your project without putting undue strain on your budget. By choosing a personal loan tailored to your needs, you can enjoy the benefits of fixed monthly payments and potentially lower interest rates compared to credit cards.
- Consider Refacing Cabinets: Instead of completely replacing your kitchen cabinets, consider refacing them. This process involves replacing the cabinet doors and drawer fronts while keeping the existing cabinet boxes. Refacing is a cost-effective alternative that can give your kitchen a fresh look without the hefty price tag of full replacement.
- Shop for Deals: Take advantage of sales, discounts, and promotions when purchasing materials and appliances for your kitchen remodel. Browse local home improvement stores, check online marketplaces, and keep an eye on clearance sections. By patiently hunting for deals, you can often find high-quality products at significantly reduced prices.
- DIY Where Possible: If you possess some handy skills, consider tackling certain aspects of the remodel yourself. While some tasks may require professional expertise, others, like painting walls, installing backsplashes, or assembling flat-pack cabinets, can be accomplished with proper research and guidance. By taking a do-it-yourself approach, you can save money on labor costs.
- Repurpose and Recycle: Look for opportunities to repurpose and recycle materials during your kitchen remodel. For example, consider salvaging and repainting old cabinets or repurposing vintage furniture as kitchen islands. Not only does this approach add character to your kitchen, but it also reduces waste and saves money on buying new items.
- Prioritize Essential Upgrades: Focus on essential upgrades that will have the most significant impact on your kitchen's functionality and aesthetics. For instance, investing in energy-efficient appliances can reduce long-term utility costs while improving the overall appeal of the space. By prioritizing key upgrades, you can allocate your budget wisely and achieve a transformed kitchen without overspending.
How can I finance new kitchen cabinets?
Below are some common options for financing a kitchen cabinet purchase:
- Personal Loan: A personal loan is the most popular way to finance new kitchen cabinets. This is where you receive a lump sum which is then paid back over time in weekly or monthly payments, along with interest. The amount you are able to borrow as well as the interest rate offered will depend on your credit score as well as the lender.
- Credit Card: A credit card should only be an option if you have excellent credit or a high income as they can be particularly expensive due to the high interest rates. You may want to consider a credit card to cover some of the costs and use savings to cover the remainder.
- HELOC: A Home Equity Line of Credit allows you access to funds as and when you need them, only paying interest on what you use. You can typically qualify for high borrowing amounts and low interest rates, but since your home is used as collateral, you are putting it at risk should you default on repayments.
- Home Equity Loan: This financing option, also known as a second mortgage, works like a personal loan where you receive a lump sum which is then paid back over time, with interest. Like a HELOC, your home is used to secure the loan, so there is a chance you could lose your home if you fall behind on repayments.
- In-House Financing: Some contractors will be able to offer in-house financing in the form of a payment plan. This is a good option if they offer a promotional rate such as 0% APR, but you should always make sure that you can’t get a better deal with an external lender before committing to this type of funding.
Ready to apply for a kitchen cabinet loan? Get started.
Need help finding the right loan?
No worries, we've got you covered! Compare personalized loan options in just minutes.
What are the pros and cons of kitchen cabinet financing?
- Access to Sufficient Funds: Kitchen cabinet financing allows you to access the necessary funds to purchase and install your desired cabinets without depleting your savings or disrupting your budget. Personal loans often provide a lump sum amount that covers the entire cost, giving you financial flexibility.
- Flexible Repayment Options: Personal loans offer flexibility in terms of repayment. Lenders typically provide various repayment term options, allowing you to choose a duration that suits your financial situation. This flexibility enables you to tailor the monthly payments to fit comfortably within your budget.
- Competitive Interest Rates: Personal loans often come with competitive interest rates compared to credit cards or other forms of unsecured financing. If you have a good credit score, you may qualify for lower interest rates, resulting in potential long-term cost savings.
- Quick and Convenient Application Process: Applying for a personal loan is generally a quick and convenient process, especially when done online. Many lenders offer simple online applications and expedited approval processes, allowing you to secure the funds you need for your kitchen cabinets promptly.
- Accrued Interest: While personal loans offer accessibility and convenience, they are not interest-free. Borrowing money through a personal loan means that you'll incur interest charges over the loan term. It's crucial to consider the total cost of borrowing, including interest, and factor it into your budget.
- Potential Debt Burden: Taking on additional debt through kitchen cabinet financing means adding a repayment obligation to your existing financial commitments. Ensure that you can comfortably afford the monthly payments without straining your budget or risking financial instability.
- Impact on Credit Score: Applying for a personal loan and assuming additional debt can affect your credit score, especially if you have multiple credit applications within a short period. While responsible repayment can positively impact your credit in the long run, it's important to consider the potential short-term impact.
- Repayment Obligation: When opting for kitchen cabinet financing, you commit to repaying the loan over the agreed-upon term. It's essential to assess your financial stability and ensure that you can meet the monthly repayment obligations consistently. Failure to make payments can lead to additional fees, penalties, and a negative impact on your credit score.
What credit score do I need for kitchen cabinet financing?
The credit score required for kitchen cabinet financing can vary depending on the lender and the specific loan product. In general, having a good to excellent credit score improves your chances of qualifying for favorable loan terms and lower interest rates. However, the minimum credit score required may vary among lenders. Here's a general breakdown of credit score ranges and their implications for kitchen cabinet financing:
- Excellent Credit (750+): With an excellent credit score, you are likely to have access to the most favorable loan terms, including lower interest rates, higher loan amounts, and flexible repayment options. Lenders may view you as a low-risk borrower and may be more inclined to approve your loan application.
- Good Credit (700-749): A good credit score still positions you well for kitchen cabinet financing. While you may not qualify for the absolute best interest rates, you can still expect competitive terms and loan offers. Lenders generally consider good credit scores as indicative of responsible financial behavior.
- Fair Credit (650-699): With a fair credit score, you may still be eligible for kitchen cabinet financing, but you might face slightly higher interest rates and more stringent loan terms. Lenders may scrutinize your credit history and financial profile more closely to assess your creditworthiness.
- Poor Credit (below 650): Having a poor credit score may make it more challenging to secure traditional personal loans. Lenders may perceive you as higher risk and impose stricter borrowing conditions. In such cases, you might need to explore alternative financing options or work on improving your credit before applying for kitchen cabinet financing.
Can you get kitchen cabinet financing with bad credit?
Yes, it is possible to obtain kitchen cabinet financing even with bad credit. While having a lower credit score may present some challenges, there are financing options available for individuals with less-than-perfect credit. Here are a few potential avenues to explore:
- Personal Loans for Bad Credit: Some lenders specialize in providing personal loans specifically for individuals with bad credit. These loans are designed to accommodate borrowers with lower credit scores and may have more lenient eligibility requirements. However, keep in mind that loans for bad credit often come with higher interest rates to compensate for the perceived risk.
- Secured Loans: If you own assets such as a vehicle, property, or savings account, you may consider applying for a secured loan. With a secured loan, you offer collateral that the lender can claim in case of default. Collateral provides assurance to the lender and can improve your chances of approval, even with bad credit. However, be aware that defaulting on a secured loan can result in the loss of the pledged asset.
- Co-Signer or Joint Application: Another option is to apply for kitchen cabinet financing with a co-signer or as a joint applicant. A co-signer with a good credit history can strengthen your loan application and increase the likelihood of approval. Keep in mind that the co-signer assumes equal responsibility for the loan, and their credit will be impacted if payments are missed.
- In-House Financing or Store Credit: Some kitchen cabinet retailers offer in-house financing or store credit options. These programs may be more lenient when it comes to credit requirements, as they are specifically tailored to their customers' needs. However, carefully review the terms and conditions, including interest rates and repayment terms, as they may differ from traditional loans.
Can you get kitchen cabinet financing with no credit check?
Obtaining kitchen cabinet financing without a credit check can be challenging. Most traditional lenders, such as banks and credit unions, typically perform credit checks as part of their loan approval process. A credit check helps lenders assess your creditworthiness and determine the level of risk involved in extending financing.
How to apply for a kitchen cabinet loan
- Determine the Loan Amount: Start by estimating the total cost of your kitchen cabinets, including the purchase, delivery, and installation expenses. It's essential to have a clear idea of the loan amount you'll need to cover these costs adequately.
- Research Personal Loan Options: Explore different personal loan options available to you. Consider factors such as interest rates, loan terms, repayment flexibility, and any associated fees. Look for lenders who specialize in home improvement loans or offer loans specifically tailored to kitchen remodels.
- Check Your Eligibility: Review the eligibility criteria set by potential lenders. Typically, lenders assess factors like your credit score, income, employment history, and debt-to-income ratio. Meeting these requirements will increase your chances of loan approval and potentially qualify you for better interest rates.
- Apply for a Personal Loan: Once you've identified a suitable lender, proceed with the loan application process. This typically involves submitting your personal and financial information, including identification, income details, and employment history. Many lenders allow you to apply online, simplifying the process and saving time.
- Loan Approval and Funds Disbursement: After completing the application, the lender will review your information and determine whether to approve your loan. If approved, you'll receive a loan offer outlining the loan amount, interest rate, and repayment terms. Carefully review the terms before accepting the offer. Upon acceptance, the lender will disburse the funds to your designated account.
- Purchase and Install Kitchen Cabinets: With the loan funds in your account, you can proceed to purchase your chosen kitchen cabinets. Consider working with reputable suppliers or retailers to ensure quality and customer satisfaction. Arrange for the delivery and installation of the cabinets according to your remodel timeline.
- Repay the Loan: Once your kitchen cabinets are installed and you've started enjoying your revamped space, it's time to focus on repaying the loan. Personal loans usually have fixed monthly payments over a predetermined term, typically ranging from one to seven years. Make sure to adhere to the repayment schedule to avoid any late payment penalties or additional charges.
Need help finding the right loan?
No worries, we've got you covered! Compare personalized loan options in just minutes.
Personal Loan Types
Auto Repair Loans
Credit Card Consolidation Loans
Fast Personal Loans
Home Improvement Loans
Horse Barn Financing
Family Planning Loans
Land Purchase Financing
Manufactured Home Financing
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery Financing
Owner Builder Construction Loans
Personal Loans for House Down Payment
Personal Loans for Self Employed
Personal Loans for Furniture Expenses
Debt Consolidation Loans
Vacation & Travel Loans
Emergency Personal Loans
Personal Loans with Co-signers
Home Improvement Financing
Bathroom Remodel Financing
Basement Remodel Financing
Boat Dock Loans
Driveway Paving Financing
Home Addition Financing
Hot Tub Financing
Home Insulation Financing
Interior & Exterior Painting Financing
Kitchen Remodel Financing
Kitchen Cabinet Financing
Pole Barn Financing
Solar Panel Financing
Swimming Pool Financing
Sunroom Addition Loans
Window Replacement Financing
Loan rate & terms disclosure: Prequalified rates are based on the information you provide and a soft credit inquiry. Receiving prequalified rates does not guarantee that the Lender will extend you an offer of credit. You are not yet approved for a loan or a specific rate. All credit decisions, including loan approval, if any, are determined by Lenders, in their sole discretion. Rates and terms are subject to change without notice. Rates from Lenders may differ from prequalified rates due to factors which may include, but are not limited to: (i) changes in your personal credit circumstances; (ii) additional information in your hard credit pull and/or additional information you provide (or are unable to provide) to the Lender during the underwriting process; and/or (iii) changes in APRs (e.g., an increase in the rate index between the time of prequalification and the time of application or loan closing. (Or, if the loan option is a variable rate loan, then the interest rate index used to set the APR is subject to increases or decreases at any time). Lenders reserve the right to change or withdraw the prequalified rates at any time.
Requesting prequalified rates on Credible is free and doesn't affect your credit score. However, applying for or closing a loan will involve a hard credit pull that impacts your credit score and closing a loan will result in costs to you.