Why Capital One®?
Capital One credit cards are favorites for a reason. Their diverse card selection appeals to all types of consumers — whether you want to build credit or earn rewards on everyday spending or travel.
With many Capital One cards to choose from, it can be challenging to know which one is right for you. Pasha Funding reviewed dozens of options to narrow down some of the best Capital One credit cards available today.
Compare Best Credit Card Offers
Best Capital One® Credit Cards
✔ Welcome bonus: none
✔ Annual fee: None
✔ Suggested credit score: Average/Fair
Our take: The Capital One Platinum Credit Card is a convenient and affordable option for consumers looking to build credit. The card carries no annual or foreign transaction fees and allows you to choose your payment due date.
Additionally, the Capital One Platinum Credit Card comes with free credit monitoring — a service not offered by many of its competitors. You can grow with this card since you are automatically considered for credit line increases as you continue to build your credit and prove yourself as a reliable borrower.
- Be automatically considered for a higher credit line after 6 months
- Choose your due date
- No annual fee
- Fraud liability insurance in case you lose your card
- Travel with confidence with no foreign transaction fees
- Free credit score with CreditWise from Capital One
✔ Welcome bonus: none
✔ Annual fee: $39
✔ Suggested credit score: Average/Fair/Limited
Our take: The QuicksilverOne® Cash Rewards card is an excellent pick for its category as is it allows you to improve your credit while earning a generous cashback rate on all purchases. With this card, you make 1.5% on every dollar you spend — not just at certain stores that may change from month to month. The many benefits of this card easily make up for its low $39 annual fee.
- Unlimited 1.5% cashback on every single purchase
- No need to enroll in rotating cash back categories
- You are considered for an automatic credit increase after 6 months
- Free credit monitoring through CreditWise
- Fraud liability insurance — so no worries if your card is lost or stolen
- Easily consolidate debt with a $0 balance transfer fee
✔ Welcome bonus: none
✔ Annual fee: none
✔ Suggested credit score: Average/Fair/Limited
Our take: The SavorOne Student Cash Rewards card from Capital One is an excellent credit-building tool for students. Its impressive 3% cashback rate in popular categories makes this card stand out among other student credit cards. This card also offers 8% cashback on tickets booked through Vivid Seats through January 2023.
- A student credit card with generous cash rewards and no annual fee
- 3% cashback on spending on dining, entertainment, supermarkets, and streaming services
- Unlimited 1% cashback on everything else $0 fraud liability if you lose your card
- Automatically considered for a credit line increase after 6 months of responsible use
Not sure which credit card is right for you?
No worries, we've got you covered! Compare multiple credit card options to choose the best card for your needs.
Is Capital One a good credit card?
Capital One credit cards are highly sought-after cards — and it’s not hard to understand why. Capital One cards are packed with benefits that consumers love, such as low fees, free credit monitoring, and generous cash rewards. Cardmembers also appreciate the versatility of their Capital One cards — with multiple uses and benefits for each card.
What are the most popular Capital One credit cards?
Here are some of the most popular Capital One credit cards:
- Capital One Venture Rewards Credit Card: This card is popular among travelers for its flexible travel rewards program. It offers unlimited 2X miles per dollar on every purchase and a generous sign-up bonus, making it a great choice for those who enjoy earning and redeeming travel rewards.
- Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card: This card is well-liked for its straightforward cash back program. It offers unlimited 1.5% cash back on all purchases, making it a popular choice for those who prefer simplicity and want to earn cash rewards on their everyday spending.
- Capital One Savor Cash Rewards Credit Card: This card appeals to individuals who enjoy dining out and entertainment. It offers generous cash back on dining, entertainment, and grocery store purchases, making it popular among foodies and those who frequently attend events.
- Capital One Platinum Credit Card: This card is designed for individuals who are building or rebuilding their credit. It offers access to credit with responsible use and on-time payments, providing an opportunity to improve credit history over time.
- Capital One Spark Cash for Business: This card is tailored for small business owners. It offers unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases, making it popular among entrepreneurs looking to earn rewards on their business expenses.
Who can get a Capital One credit card?
No matter what life stage you’re in or what your credit history looks like — there is likely a Capital One card to suit your needs. Capital One has something for everyone — from students or those looking to establish or rebuild their credit after a financial setback — to frequent travelers or consumers looking for above-average rewards and cashback.
How to apply for Capital One credit card?
To apply for a Capital One credit card, you can follow these general steps:
- Visit the Capital One website: Go to the official Capital One website to explore the available credit card options. You can browse through the different cards to find one that suits your needs.
- Choose the desired credit card: Select the credit card you wish to apply for based on your preferences, such as rewards, benefits, or interest rates. Click on the "Apply Now" or "Apply" button associated with the chosen card.
- Fill out the application form: You will be directed to an online application form. Provide the required information, which typically includes personal details (name, address, date of birth, Social Security number), employment information, and financial details (income, housing expenses, etc.). Be sure to review the terms and conditions of the credit card before proceeding.
- Submit the application: Once you have completed the application form, carefully review the information you have provided for accuracy. Click on the "Submit" or "Apply" button to submit your application.
- Wait for a response: After submitting the application, the credit card issuer will review your application and determine your eligibility. This process may take a few moments or a few weeks, depending on the issuer's processing time. Capital One will notify you of their decision, which may be an approval, a denial, or a request for additional information.
- Activate your card: If your application is approved, you will receive your Capital One credit card by mail. Follow the instructions provided with the card to activate it before you can start using it for purchases.
Can you have more than one Capital One credit card?
Yes, you can! In fact, it’s not uncommon to have multiple Capital One cards for different purposes. For example, you might have a Capital One card for frequent flyers in addition to your everyday cashback card. There are so many benefits to experience across multiple Capital One cards that it can be hard to choose one.
Is it hard to get a Capital One credit card?
It depends. Some Capital One cards have higher approval odds than others. Since Capital One has a wide variety of cards to choose from, you’re likely to find one within your credit range. It’s crucial to look at a card's “suggested credit score” before making your choice — because applying and getting rejected may slightly ding your credit score.
Here are the credit score ranges to help you estimate your chances of approval for a Capital One card:
- Excellent 750+
- Good 700-749
- Average/Fair: 630-699
- Bad/Limited: 300-629
How can I check my eligibility for a Capital One credit card?
To determine your eligibility for a Capital One credit card, you can complete a pre-qualification process on their website. It's a hassle-free way to get an idea of which cards you may be eligible for, without impacting your credit score.
What benefits and rewards can I expect from a Capital One credit card?
Capital One credit cards offer a wide range of benefits, including cash back, travel rewards, and special perks. Depending on the card, you may enjoy features like unlimited cash back on purchases, no foreign transaction fees, introductory APR offers, and access to exclusive events. Dive into the specifics of each card to find the rewards that align with your preferences.
How to get a Capital One credit card increase?
Some Capital One cards automatically consider you for a credit line increase after a certain amount of time (usually 6-12 months) — however, you can always call and request one sooner. Keep in mind this may result in a hard inquiry on your credit report.
Credit increases are generally granted after you’ve proven yourself as a dependable borrower, for example, if you’ve made several on-time payments in a row. You may also receive a credit line boost if your income increases since you first got your card.
Is Capital One a good credit card for beginners?
Capital One offers excellent choices for those just beginning their credit journeys as well as more seasoned users. A key advantage of Capital One’s selection of beginner cards is that very few of them carry an annual fee. It’s not uncommon to see other companies charging yearly fees on their credit cards for beginners — but you can rest easy knowing your Capital One card likely isn’t one of them.
What is Capital One's approach to customer service and support?
Capital One prides itself on exceptional customer service. They offer various channels to assist you, including a dedicated customer service hotline, email support, and an extensive online knowledge base. Their goal is to provide prompt and reliable assistance, ensuring your credit card experience remains smooth and hassle-free.
Credit Cards By Category
0% APR Credit Cards
Airline Credit Cards
Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Business Credit Cards
Cash Back Credit Cards
Hotel Credit Cards
Low Interest Credit Cards
No Annual Fee Credit Cards
Prepaid Credit Cards
Rewards Credit Cards
Secured Credit Cards
Student Credit Cards
Travel Credit Cards
ADVERTISER DISCLOSURE: PashaFunding.com operates as an independent credit card comparison/review website. We want to be transparent with our users and disclose that we may receive compensation from various card issuers when users acquire credit cards through our site. This compensation may impact the placement and display of products on our site, including their order within listing categories.
EDITORIAL DISCLOSURE: The content and reviews on PashaFunding.com are prepared by our in-house staff. We strive to provide accurate and up-to-date information, but we cannot guarantee the reliability of all credit card details. To review the specific terms and conditions for a particular credit card, please click on the "Compare Credit Cards" links, which will redirect you to the card issuer's website. It is important to carefully review all the information provided by the issuer before making any decisions.