Get pre-qualified for a personal loan in just minutes with no impact on your credit score.
How to Get a Loan for a Liposuction Procedure
All of us struggle with our weight at one time or another, especially as we grow older and our metabolisms start to slow. This can lead us to feel like we are constantly battling with our desire to live and our desire to lose weight, and so choosing liposuction can be a good way to reset and achieve fast results. Liposuction should never be done on a budget, and so you may need to seek liposuction financing to fund your procedure.
Applying for liposuction financing is fast and easy:
Compare Your Personal Loan Options
Can liposuction be financed?
Yes, you can finance liposuction: there are a range of options available to you, which we’ll cover below.
What is liposuction financing?
Liposuction financing is any form of borrowing you do to pay for your liposuction procedure. The most common form of financing is a personal loan, but can also be credit cards, a line of credit, and other options we’ll cover shortly.
What are the best liposuction personal loans?
Most people will find that a personal loan is the best option for liposuction and mummy makeover financing. Here are some of the best:
Avant: borrow $2,000-$35,000 at 9.95-35.99% (minimum credit score: 550)
✔ Minimum Credit Score: 550
✔ APR: 9.95 - 35.95%
✔ Loan term: 2 - 5 years
✔ Funding turnaround: within 24 hours in most cases
With Avant personal loans, borrowers with fair to good credit scores can get access to super fast funding up to $35K. Best for debt consolidation.
Axos Bank: (best for complete mommy makeovers) borrow $10,000-$50,000 at 6.79-17.99% (minimum credit score: 700)
LightStream: borrow $5,000-$100,000 at 4.49-20.49% (minimum credit score: 660)
✔ Minimum Credit Score: 660
✔ APR: 2.49% - 19.99%
✔ Loan term: 2 - 7 years
✔ Funding turnaround: as soon as same business day
LightStream offers up to $100k personal loans as soon as same business day without origination fees and easy to use mobile app.
Upgrade: borrow $1,000-$50,000 at 5.94-35.47% (minimum credit score: 560)
✔ Minimum Credit Score: 660
✔ APR: 5.94% to 35.97%
✔ Loan term: 2 - 7 years
✔ Funding turnaround: as soon as next business day
Upgrade offers borrowers with fair credit scores to obtain loans up to $50k. Joint applications are allowed. Origination fees may apply.
How does liposuction financing work?
If you use the most common form of liposuction financing - a personal loan - you’ll borrow a lump sum amount from a lender which you’ll then pay back (plus interest) via a monthly payment. Most personal loans have a term of 2-5 years.
How much does liposuction cost?
The average cost of liposuction is around $3,500 per treatment area. A “treatment area” is usually an entire body part, such as the waist and abdomen, the thighs, back, and upper arms. Make sure you talk to your surgeon about what will be included in your fee and how much the results you want will cost.
Can you do payment plans on liposuction?
Whether or not your cosmetic surgeon provides payment plans will depend on the practice in question, but you can get the benefits of a payment plan with a personal loan through a bank or alternative lender. In fact, most payment plans provided by plastic surgeons are a form of personal loan provided through a partner lender.
What are the costs associated with liposuction?
Liposuction is usually a day procedure, meaning you shouldn’t have to deal with any overnight fees. That said, the costs you may need to pay are:
- Hospital/hotel fees ($500 - $2,000 - liposuction is usually done as an outpatient but if you don’t live nearby you may need to stay in a hotel)
- The cost of the procedure (around $3,500 per treatment area)
- Anesthesia costs ($500 - $1,500 - you can use local or general, your surgeon will advise you here)
- Medication costs (sometimes included, but often optional)
- Supportive post-surgery garments ($50-250 depending on personal preference)
Does insurance cover liposuction?
No - in almost all cases, liposuction is an elective procedure and not covered by health insurance.
What kind of results can I expect from liposuction?
Speak to your surgeon during your consultation to find out what results you can expect personally, but most people drop a significant amount of weight and see the full results 1-3 months after the procedure, once the body has time to recover. Most people experience long-lasting results, provided they keep up a healthy lifestyle.
How can I finance liposuction?
Here are the most popular options for financing liposuction:
- Savings & Investments: Paying for elective procedures via your savings or easily liquidated investments will always be the most affordable way to finance your liposuction. You won’t incur any interest or additional fees and won’t need to worry about budgeting for monthly payments. Instead, you can use that money to repay yourself and replenish your savings.
- Personal Loans: Personal loans are the most popular form of financing for liposuction as you receive the lump sum and can then use it to pay for your procedure as you please. How much you’ll be able to borrow will depend on your income and creditworthiness.
- 0% APR Credit Cards: If you can get a card with a higher credit limit or simply have an excellent credit score and some savings to use for your procedure, you can consider a 0% APR credit card. These cards offer 0% interest periods for between 3-21 months so can be a good way to spread the cost of some of your procedure. A low-interest credit card is another good option.
- HELOC: A Home Equity Line of Credit works much like a credit card, in that you are given a credit limit and can borrow as you please up to that amount. The difference is that it acts more like a bank account than a card and it is secured by your home’s equity. This means you can get higher limits with lower rates, but if you default your home will be at risk of being seized.
- 401(k) Loan: If you have a 401(k) retirement plan that allows loans, you can take out a loan from your future retirement finances to pay for your procedure. This must be paid back within 5 years and there may be other strict rules about how you must pay this back, so do your research, but they don’t require a credit check or interest.
- In-House Financing: Most cosmetic surgeons offer some form of in-house financing, often provided through a partner lender. This will provide you with a payment plan, but be aware that in most cases it is actually a personal loan, so make sure you compare the terms with what you could get via an external lender.
Ready to find the best loan for cosmetics & plastic surgery procedures? Get started!
Need help finding the right loan?
No worries, we've got you covered! Compare personalized loan options in just minutes without impact on your credit score.
How Pasha Funding Works
Pros & Cons of Liposuction Financing
- Get liposuction now, rather than having to save up
- Keep your savings (so you have a good buffer)
- Spread the cost
- Many options offer low-interest rates for those with good or excellent credit
- Stretching yourself financially to afford the procedure can lead you to struggle to get credit until the loan is paid off
- Financing options quickly get expensive if you have mediocre or bad credit
What credit score do you need to obtain liposuction financing?
You’ll be able to start finding reasonable options if you have a credit score over 600 with a good income-to-debt ratio, though you’ll need a credit score of 690 or higher to get the most affordable rates.
Can I get liposuction financing with bad credit?
While it may be possible, it’s usually not advisable to do so. You’ll find that most of the options available to those with bad credit have extremely high interest rates which will make the procedure unnecessarily costly and the monthly payments unaffordable. Make sure you’re realistic about what you can comfortably afford.
Liposuction Financing Calculator
Use our calculator below to find out how much your repayments may be:
Ready to apply for a personal loan?
Compare rates from top lenders with no impact on your credit, ever.
How to Qualify for Liposuction Financing
To qualify for affordable liposuction financing, you’ll need:
- A credit score over 660
- A debt-to-income ratio of 30% or less
- Annual income over $20,000
Compare liposuction personal loans and apply
Liposuction can give you the boost of confidence you need and remove fat from those stubborn areas that simply don’t shift with regular exercise. If you’ve decided liposuction is the best next step for you, then it’s time to start comparing financing options. Once you’ve had a consultation with a surgeon and know the exact costs of the results you want to achieve, you can apply.
Start your journey here by comparing the best liposuction personal loans in our tables and apply to the one that best suits your circumstances. You’ll soon have the funding you need to transform your body.
Cosmetic Financing Options
Face & Neck
Personal Loans for Every Occasion
Find Your Best Rate
Compare Best Personal Loans
Personal Loan Payoff Calculator
Personal Loan Lender Reviews
Personal Loans By Credit
Personal Loans for Fair Credit
Personal Loans for Good Credit
Personal Loans for Excellent Credit
Personal Loan Types
Auto Repair Loans
Credit Card Consolidation Loans
Fast Personal Loans
Home Improvement Loans
Horse Barn Financing
Family Planning Loans
Land Purchase Financing
Manufactured Home Financing
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery Financing
Owner Builder Construction Loans
Personal Loans for House Down Payment
Personal Loans for Self Employed
Personal Loans for Furniture Expenses
Debt Consolidation Loans
Vacation & Travel Loans
Emergency Personal Loans
Personal Loans with Co-signers
Home Improvement Financing
Bathroom Remodel Financing
Basement Remodel Financing
Boat Dock Loans
Driveway Paving Financing
Home Addition Financing
Hot Tub Financing
Home Insulation Financing
Interior & Exterior Painting Financing
Kitchen Remodel Financing
Kitchen Cabinet Financing
Pole Barn Financing
Solar Panel Financing
Swimming Pool Financing
Sunroom Addition Loans
Window Replacement Financing