Hair Transplantation Financing
Get pre-qualified for a personal loan in just minutes with no impact on your credit score.
How to Get a Hair Transplant Loan
Many people experience hair loss, whether it’s due to chronic stress, a physical ailment, or a simple hereditary trend. Male pattern baldness is a large cause of hair loss in men, which can often result in an urge to have a hair transplant. Celebrities like Elton John, Sylvester Stallone, Ben Affleck, and John Travolta have had several hair transplants, and this type of procedure is not uncommon among male celebrities. Hair transplantation is also most common among people aged 55-69, of which this age group made up 62 percent of all hair restoration procedures in 2020. If you’re experiencing hair loss for any reason, you may have considered hair restoration or a hair transplant.
Applying for hair transplant financing is fast and easy:
Compare Your Personal Loan Options
A hair transplantation is type of procedure that can do wonders for your confidence, but it’s a costly procedure. We’ve put together some helpful information about how hair transplants work, what to expect from the procedure, and how financing this surgery works.
What is hair restoration?
Hair restoration is also known as hair transplantation. Despite its intimidating name, hair transplantation goes by the idea that hair follicles that are genetically resistant to balding are moved from the “donor” area of the body (usually the back of the head) then grafted into the balding area. After this procedure, and provided the donor area of the head was healthy, the newly introduced follicles should grow normally.
Best Hair Transplant Personal Loans
For most, a personal loan is the best form of financing. Here are some of the top options:
- Avant: borrow $2,000-$35,000 at 9.95-35.99% (minimum credit score: 550)
- Axos Bank: borrow $10,000-$50,000 at 6.79-17.99% (minimum credit score: 700)
- LendingClub: borrow $1,000-$40,000 at 7.04-35.89% (minimum credit score: 600)
- LightStream: borrow $5,000-$100,000 at 4.49-20.49% (minimum credit score: 660)
- Universal Credit: borrow $1,000-$50,000 at 8.93-35.43% (minimum credit score: 560)
- Upgrade: borrow $1,000-$50,000 at 5.94-35.47% (minimum credit score: 560)
- Upstart: borrow $1,000-$50,000 at 4.81-35.99% (minimum credit score: none)
How much do hair transplants cost?
The cost of a hair transplant depends on the amount of hair being transplanted, where the surgery is located, the type of transplant procedure, and the skill of the surgeon. Because there are so many variables involved, the cost of a hair transplant can range from $4,000 to $15,000.
What is hair transplant financing?
Hair transplant financing is usually a lump sum you borrow from a lender to pay for the procedure, but you can also use alternative forms of funding to finance it. We’ll cover your options below.
Are hair transplants worth it?
Whether or not hair transplants are worth it depends on your goals and whether you’re happy to consider a second or even third procedure. Provided your surgeon is reliable, qualified, and charges reasonable rates, a hair transplant can be a worthwhile procedure.
What are the different types of hair transplants?
There are two different types:
- FUT - follicular unit transplant
- FUE - follicular unit extraction
Most people have FUE, which we have already explained, but there is also the less popular FUT method, which is where long thin pieces of tissue are removed from the back of the head and then the individual follicles are removed from the strip and implanted in the head in the same way as FUE.
How can I finance a hair transplant?
Here are some of the best ways to finance a hair transplant:
- Savings: using your savings will help you keep costs down, even if you only use a portion of your savings and borrow less.
- Personal Loans: personal loans are the most common form of financing for hair restoration financing. This is where you borrow a lump sum and pay it back over a term, typically of about 2-5 years, plus interest. Interest rates are usually low, at around 6% - 20%.
- HELOC: a Home Equity Line of Credit works like a credit card and means you can borrow as much you need on an ad hoc basis. With a HELOC, you only pay interest on what you borrow, but this type of borrowing is secured against your home, so defaulting can put your home at risk.
- In-House Financing: some hair transplant surgeons will offer patients in-house financing, which is usually lent through a partner lender. With in-house financing, repayments are paid directly to the surgeon.
- Low-Interest Credit Cards: If you plan to use savings or can get a high credit limit, a low-interest credit card can be an affordable way to borrow, especially if you can get a credit card with a long 0% APR introductory rate.
What kind of results can I expect from a hair transplant?
One hair restoration session usually takes up to eight hours and involves grafting between 500 and 3,000 hair follicles. Each of these hairs must be transplanted individually so a natural hairline can be maintained. Because hairs are being plucked and grafted one by one, this procedure can be painful, even with anesthetics. Depending on the technique used, there can be some scarring in the donor area, but hair should continue growing normally before long. Healing takes 6-12 months and some people will have a full head of hair, and others may need to repeat the procedure to get the results they desire.
What are the pros and cons of hair transplant financing?
Some of the pros of hair transplant financing include:
- Improved confidence; many people with thinning hair or baldness lack confidence which this procedure can help remedy
- You can take action sooner rather than later - important if you want to act before you lose your natural hairline
- You can spread the cost
Here are some negative points about hair transplantation financing:
- If you’re trying to fight hair loss you may be tempted to take on debt at a high-interest rate so you can act sooner rather than later
- You may find that one treatment isn’t enough, but you have to pay off your loan before you can afford another treatment (possibly perpetuating a cycle of being in debt for long periods)
- You may not be able to find affordable financing if you don’t have good credit and a high income
Ready to find the best loan for cosmetics & plastic surgery procedures? Get started!
Need help finding the right loan?
No worries, we've got you covered! Compare personalized loan options in just minutes without impact on your credit score.
How Pasha Funding Works
What is the success rate of hair transplants?
The effectiveness of hair restoration surgery depends on the nature of hair loss and the quality of the transplant. For this reason, it’s important to make sure you trust your surgeon and that they have qualifications to back up their practice.
Is a hair transplant permanent?
The results of a hair transplant are permanent because the hair that has been grafted will continue to grow with the “donor” hair. Since the grafted hair usually doesn’t fall out, it’s considered a long-lasting procedure.
What credit score do you need to qualify for hair transplant financing?
You most likely won’t be able to find affordable hair restoration financing if you have a credit score below 600, but a credit score of 690 or above will get you the best loan options.
Can I get hair transplant financing with bad credit?
You may be able to, but it’s unlikely. It’s important that you’re realistic about your treatment and what you can afford to pay for up-front. It’s also vital to remember that the worse your credit, the more interest you’ll pay. Use our calculator to find out if financing may be feasible for you.
Hair Transplant & Restoration Financing Calculator
Our calculator can help you find out if financing is a good option for you:
Compare hair transplantation loans and apply
If a hair transplant would help boost your confidence and improve your self-image, then it may help you improve many aspects of your life. While it may be tempting to jump into the process out of excitement or impatience, it’s important to weigh up your options. Speak to a prospective surgeon and establish what effects and costs to expect.
Once you know what you’ll need to pay and what results you’ll gain from the surgery, you can start comparing loans. We’ve rounded up the best hair transplantation financing loans on the market, so browse through the lenders in our tables and find the loan that is best for your circumstances. When you find one that works for you all you need to do is apply - you’ll soon have the funding you need to cover the cost of your hair transplant surgery.
Cosmetic Financing Options
Face & Neck
Personal Loans for Every Occasion
Personal Loan Types
Auto Repair Loans
Credit Card Consolidation Loans
Fast Personal Loans
Home Improvement Loans
Horse Barn Financing
Family Planning Loans
Land Purchase Financing
Manufactured Home Financing
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery Financing
Owner Builder Construction Loans
Personal Loans for House Down Payment
Personal Loans for Self Employed
Debt Consolidation Loans
Vacation & Travel Loans
Emergency Personal Loans
Personal Loans with Co-signers
Home Improvement Financing
Bathroom Remodel Financing
Basement Remodel Financing
Boat Dock Loans
Driveway Paving Financing
Home Addition Financing
Hot Tub Financing
Home Insulation Financing
Interior & Exterior Painting Financing
Kitchen Remodel Financing
Kitchen Cabinet Financing
Pole Barn Financing
Solar Panel Financing
Swimming Pool Financing
Sunroom Addition Loans
Window Replacement Financing