Hair Transplantation Financing
Get pre-qualified for a personal loan in just minutes. Checking rates won’t affect your credit score
How to Get a Hair Transplant Loan
Many people experience hair loss, whether it’s due to chronic stress, a physical ailment, or a simple hereditary trend. Male pattern baldness is a large cause of hair loss in men, which can often result in an urge to have a hair transplant. Celebrities like Elton John, Sylvester Stallone, Ben Affleck, and John Travolta have had several hair transplants, and this type of procedure is not uncommon among male celebrities. Hair transplantation is also most common among people aged 55-69, of which this age group made up 62 percent of all hair restoration procedures in 2020. If you’re experiencing hair loss for any reason, you may have considered hair restoration or a hair transplant.
Applying for hair transplant financing is fast and easy:
Compare personal loan rates
Compare rates from top lenders
What is hair restoration?
Hair restoration is also known as hair transplantation. Despite its intimidating name, hair transplantation goes by the idea that hair follicles that are genetically resistant to balding are moved from the “donor” area of the body (usually the back of the head) then grafted into the balding area. After this procedure, and provided the donor area of the head was healthy, the newly introduced follicles should grow normally.
What is hair transplant financing?
Hair transplant financing refers to the option of obtaining financial assistance or loans to cover the costs associated with a hair transplant procedure. Hair transplantation is a surgical procedure that involves transferring hair follicles from one part of the body (typically the back or sides of the scalp, where hair is more resistant to balding) to areas with thinning or balding hair.
Since hair transplant procedures can be expensive, many individuals may seek financing options to manage the costs. Hair transplant financing allows individuals to borrow money from a financial institution or a specialized medical financing company to cover the expenses associated with the procedure. This includes the surgeon's fees, anesthesia costs, facility charges, post-operative care, and any additional expenses.
Who offers hair transplantation financing?
For most, a personal loan is the best form of financing. Here are some of the top options:
- Avant offers loan amounts ranging from $2,000 to $35,000 with competitive interest rates. They have a minimum credit score requirement of 550.
- Axos Bank provides loans from $10,000 to $50,000 at favorable interest rates. They require a minimum credit score of 700.
- LendingClub offers flexible loan amounts from $1,000 to $40,000 with interest rates tailored to your credit profile. They have a minimum credit score requirement of 600.
- LightStream provides loans from $5,000 to $100,000 with attractive interest rates. They require a minimum credit score of 660.
- Universal Credit offers loan amounts from $1,000 to $50,000 with competitive interest rates. They have a minimum credit score requirement of 560.
- Upgrade provides loans ranging from $1,000 to $50,000 at favorable interest rates. They require a minimum credit score of 560.
- Upstart offers loan amounts from $1,000 to $50,000 with competitive interest rates and does not have a minimum credit score requirement.
Please note that the actual interest rates may vary based on individual creditworthiness and other factors. It is recommended to contact the respective lenders for more accurate and up-to-date information regarding their loan products.
How much do hair transplants cost?
The cost of a hair transplant depends on the amount of hair being transplanted, where the surgery is located, the type of transplant procedure, and the skill of the surgeon. Because there are so many variables involved, the cost of a hair transplant can range from $4,000 to $15,000.
What are the different types of hair transplants?
here are primarily two main types of hair transplant procedures commonly performed:
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) or Strip Harvesting: In this method, a strip of hair-bearing skin is surgically removed from the back or sides of the scalp, where the hair is resistant to balding. The strip is then dissected under a microscope into individual follicular units, which contain one to four hairs each. These follicular units are then transplanted into the balding or thinning areas of the scalp. The donor area is closed with stitches or staples, leaving a linear scar that can be concealed by surrounding hair.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE): FUE is a minimally invasive technique where individual hair follicles are extracted directly from the donor area using a small punch-like instrument. The donor area is typically shaved to facilitate the extraction process. These individual follicular units are then transplanted into the recipient areas of the scalp. FUE does not involve the removal of a strip of skin, resulting in no linear scar. However, multiple tiny circular scars may be left behind, which are often camouflaged by surrounding hair growth.
In addition to these primary methods, there are variations and advanced techniques that have evolved over time, including:
- Robotic Hair Transplantation: This technique utilizes robotic systems to assist in the extraction and transplantation of hair follicles. The robotic system can improve precision and accuracy during the procedure.
- Direct Hair Implantation (DHI): DHI is a modified FUE technique where the harvested hair follicles are immediately implanted into the recipient areas without the need for creating recipient sites in advance. This is achieved using a specialized implantation tool.
- Scalp Micro-pigmentation (SMP): SMP is a non-surgical technique that involves tattooing the scalp with pigments to create the appearance of hair follicles. It is often used to simulate the look of a closely cropped hairstyle or to provide the illusion of density in areas with thinning hair.
How can I finance a hair transplant?
Here are some of the best ways to finance a hair transplant:
- Personal Loans: You can consider applying for a personal loan from a bank, credit union, or online lender. These loans provide a lump sum amount that can be used to cover the expenses of the hair transplant. Personal loans usually have fixed interest rates and repayment terms, allowing you to budget and plan your payments accordingly.
- Medical Loans: Many financial institutions offer specialized medical loans specifically designed to cover medical expenses, including hair transplant procedures. These loans may offer competitive interest rates and flexible repayment options tailored to the needs of healthcare financing.
- Credit Cards: If you have a credit card with a sufficient credit limit, you can use it to pay for the hair transplant. This option provides convenience and allows you to repay the amount in installments. However, it's important to consider the interest rates and fees associated with your credit card, as high rates can significantly increase the overall cost.
- Financing Programs: Some hair transplant clinics or medical facilities may offer their own financing programs or work with financing companies. These programs allow you to spread out the cost of the procedure over a predetermined period, often with low or no interest rates. It's advisable to carefully review the terms and conditions of these programs before committing to ensure they align with your financial goals.
What kind of results can I expect from a hair transplant?
The results of a hair transplant can vary depending on several factors, including the individual's hair loss pattern, the quality and quantity of available donor hair, the chosen surgical technique, and the expertise of the surgeon performing the procedure. While a successful hair transplant can provide significant improvement in hair density and appearance, it's important to have realistic expectations and understand the potential outcomes. Here's what you can generally expect from a hair transplant:
- Natural Hair Growth: A well-executed hair transplant should result in the growth of new hair that looks and behaves like your natural hair. Transplanted hair follicles usually retain their original characteristics, including texture, color, and growth pattern.
- Improved Hairline: Hair transplants are commonly performed to address receding hairlines or restore frontal hair loss. With careful planning and artistic skill, a skilled surgeon can recreate a natural-looking hairline that complements your facial features and restores a more youthful appearance.
- Increased Hair Density: Hair transplantation aims to increase the density of hair in areas affected by thinning or balding. By strategically transplanting healthy hair follicles, the procedure can fill in bald patches and create a fuller and more voluminous hair appearance.
- Permanent Results: The transplanted hair follicles are typically resistant to the effects of hair loss hormones, making them a permanent solution. However, it's important to note that existing non-transplanted hair may continue to experience hair loss over time. To address this, additional procedures or complementary treatments may be recommended to maintain desired results.
- Recovery and Growth Time: Following a hair transplant, it's common for the transplanted hair to shed within a few weeks. However, this is a normal part of the hair growth cycle, and new hair should start to grow within a few months. It can take several months to a year for the full results of the transplant to become evident as the transplanted hair gradually grows and thickens.
- Natural-looking Results: The success of a hair transplant greatly relies on the surgeon's skill in creating a natural hairline, graft placement, and proper distribution of hair follicles. An experienced and qualified surgeon will strive to achieve seamless integration of transplanted hair with existing hair, resulting in natural-looking results that are virtually undetectable.
What are the pros and cons of hair transplant financing?
Some of the pros of hair transplant financing include:
- Improved confidence; many people with thinning hair or baldness lack confidence which this procedure can help remedy
- You can take action sooner rather than later - important if you want to act before you lose your natural hairline
- You can spread the cost
Here are some negative points about hair transplantation financing:
- If you’re trying to fight hair loss you may be tempted to take on debt at a high-interest rate so you can act sooner rather than later
- You may find that one treatment isn’t enough, but you have to pay off your loan before you can afford another treatment (possibly perpetuating a cycle of being in debt for long periods)
- You may not be able to find affordable financing if you don’t have good credit and a high income
Are hair transplants worth it?
Whether or not hair transplants are worth it depends on your individual goals and expectations, as well as your willingness to undergo additional procedures if needed. It is crucial to choose a reliable and qualified surgeon who charges reasonable rates to maximize the potential benefits of a hair transplant. For many individuals, a hair transplant can be a worthwhile procedure, offering long-lasting and natural-looking results. It can restore self-confidence, improve appearance, and address concerns related to hair loss. However, it's important to consider a few factors:
- Realistic Expectations: Understanding the limitations and potential outcomes of a hair transplant is essential. While it can significantly improve hair density and restore a more youthful appearance, it may not achieve a full head of hair or perfectly replicate your original hairline. Having realistic expectations and discussing them with your surgeon during the consultation process is crucial.
- Multiple Procedures: Depending on the extent of hair loss and desired results, multiple hair transplant procedures may be necessary. This is particularly true if your hair loss progresses or if you desire further enhancement. Considering the potential need for additional procedures and being open to them is an important aspect to keep in mind.
- Financial Considerations: Hair transplants can be a significant financial investment. It's important to assess your budget, consider financing options if needed, and weigh the cost against the potential benefits and personal value you place on addressing your hair loss concerns.
- Emotional Impact: Hair loss can have a profound impact on an individual's self-esteem and overall well-being. A successful hair transplant can help restore confidence and improve emotional well-being. If addressing these emotional aspects is a priority for you, a hair transplant may be worth considering.
Ready to find the best loan for cosmetics & plastic surgery procedures? Get started!
Need help finding the right loan?
No worries, we've got you covered! Compare personalized loan options in just minutes.
How Pasha Funding Works
What is the success rate of hair transplants?
The success rate of hair transplants can vary depending on several factors, including the surgeon's skill and experience, the surgical technique used, the quality and availability of donor hair, and the individual's specific characteristics and expectations. Overall, hair transplant procedures have shown high success rates, especially when performed by qualified and experienced surgeons.
Is a hair transplant permanent?
Yes, a hair transplant is generally considered to be a permanent solution for hair loss. The transplanted hair follicles are typically taken from areas of the scalp that are genetically resistant to hair loss, such as the back or sides of the head. These donor hairs retain their genetic characteristics, including resistance to the effects of hormones that cause hair loss.
During a hair transplant procedure, the surgeon carefully extracts individual hair follicles from the donor area and transplants them into the recipient areas that are experiencing hair loss or thinning. Once transplanted, these follicles establish a new blood supply and continue to grow hair in their new location.
Since the transplanted hair follicles retain their genetic resistance to hair loss, they are expected to continue growing and behaving like natural hair. This means that the transplanted hair should be permanent and not subject to further hair loss.
What credit score do you need to qualify for hair transplant financing?
The specific credit score required to qualify for hair transplant financing can vary depending on the financing provider and their eligibility criteria. Different lenders and financing programs may have different minimum credit score requirements.
Generally, to have a higher likelihood of qualifying for hair transplant financing and obtaining more favorable terms, it is beneficial to have a good to excellent credit score. A credit score typically falls within a range, such as:
- Excellent: 800-850
- Very Good: 740-799
- Good: 670-739
- Fair: 580-669
- Poor: Below 580
Having a higher credit score demonstrates a history of responsible credit management and may increase your chances of being approved for financing.
Can I get hair transplant financing with bad credit?
It may be more challenging to obtain hair transplant financing with bad credit, but it is not impossible. While having bad credit can limit your options and make it more difficult to qualify for traditional financing, there are still potential avenues to explore. Here are a few options you can consider:
- Specialized Medical Financing Companies
- Secured Loans
- Co-Signer or Joint Application
- Credit Unions or Community Banks
- Improving Credit Score
How to apply for hair transplantation financing
To apply for hair transplant financing:
- Research financing options for hair transplants.
- Check eligibility requirements, including credit score and income criteria.
- Gather necessary information and documentation.
- Complete the loan application accurately.
- Submit any requested supporting documents.
- Await approval from the financing provider.
- Review the loan terms, including interest rates and repayment plans.
- Sign the loan agreement if satisfied with the terms.
- Receive the funds, which will be disbursed to the hair transplant clinic or your designated account.
- Schedule your hair transplant procedure with the clinic.
Note: Steps and requirements may vary, so carefully follow instructions from the financing provider.
Cosmetic Financing Options
Face & Neck
Personal Loans for Every Occasion
Personal Loan Types
Auto Repair Loans
Credit Card Consolidation Loans
Fast Personal Loans
Home Improvement Loans
Horse Barn Financing
Family Planning Loans
Land Purchase Financing
Manufactured Home Financing
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery Financing
Owner Builder Construction Loans
Personal Loans for House Down Payment
Personal Loans for Self Employed
Personal Loans for Furniture Expenses
Debt Consolidation Loans
Vacation & Travel Loans
Emergency Personal Loans
Personal Loans with Co-signers
Home Improvement Financing
Bathroom Remodel Financing
Basement Remodel Financing
Boat Dock Loans
Driveway Paving Financing
Home Addition Financing
Hot Tub Financing
Home Insulation Financing
Interior & Exterior Painting Financing
Kitchen Remodel Financing
Kitchen Cabinet Financing
Pole Barn Financing
Solar Panel Financing
Swimming Pool Financing
Sunroom Addition Loans
Window Replacement Financing
Loan rate & terms disclosure: Prequalified rates are based on the information you provide and a soft credit inquiry. Receiving prequalified rates does not guarantee that the Lender will extend you an offer of credit. You are not yet approved for a loan or a specific rate. All credit decisions, including loan approval, if any, are determined by Lenders, in their sole discretion. Rates and terms are subject to change without notice. Rates from Lenders may differ from prequalified rates due to factors which may include, but are not limited to: (i) changes in your personal credit circumstances; (ii) additional information in your hard credit pull and/or additional information you provide (or are unable to provide) to the Lender during the underwriting process; and/or (iii) changes in APRs (e.g., an increase in the rate index between the time of prequalification and the time of application or loan closing. (Or, if the loan option is a variable rate loan, then the interest rate index used to set the APR is subject to increases or decreases at any time). Lenders reserve the right to change or withdraw the prequalified rates at any time.
Requesting prequalified rates on Credible is free and doesn't affect your credit score. However, applying for or closing a loan will involve a hard credit pull that impacts your credit score and closing a loan will result in costs to you.