Interior & Exterior House Painting Financing
Get pre-qualified for a $100k personal loan in just minutes. Checking rates won’t affect your credit score
Loans for Interior & Exterior House Painting
Nothing refreshes and improves a home better or more quickly than a new coat of paint. It can transform the shabby and tired looking into something bright, clean, and vibrant. But if you are looking to get the whole lot done at once it can cost more than pocket change. If you don’t want to deplete your savings your best next step is to look into painting financing.
Applying for house painting financing is fast and easy:
Need help finding the right loan?
No worries, we've got you covered! Compare personalized loan options in just minutes.
How Pasha Funding Works
Compare personal loan rates
Compare rates from top lenders
Can you finance interior and exterior house painting?
Yes, it is possible to finance both interior and exterior house painting projects. Financing options for house painting can vary depending on the lender or financing program you choose.
How to finance your painting project
Below are the most common ways of financing an interior or exterior painting project:
- Home Improvement Loans: Many lenders offer home improvement loans specifically designed for financing renovation projects, including painting. These loans can provide funds to cover both interior and exterior painting costs.
- Personal Loans: Personal loans can be used for various purposes, including home improvements. You can apply for a personal loan from a bank, credit union, or online lender to finance your painting project.
- Credit Cards: If the painting project cost is relatively small, you may consider using a credit card to finance it. Some credit cards offer promotional interest rates or cashback rewards, which can be beneficial if you can pay off the balance within the promotional period.
- Contractor Financing: Some painting contractors or home improvement companies may offer their own financing options or partnerships with third-party lenders. These financing options are specifically tailored for their services, including interior and exterior painting.
Does painting increase home value?
Yes, painting can increase the value of a home. A fresh coat of paint can enhance the overall appearance of both the interior and exterior of a house, making it more appealing to potential buyers. Painting can help cover up any signs of wear and tear, create a clean and updated look, and make the space feel more inviting. Neutral and modern color choices are generally recommended, as they have broader appeal. However, the impact on home value will depend on various factors such as the quality of the paint job, the size of the home, the local real estate market, and buyer preferences. It is advisable to consult with real estate professionals or appraisers who have knowledge of your specific market for more accurate insights on the potential value increase from painting.
Compare personal loan rates
What color adds the most value to a home?
When it comes to adding value to a home through paint color, neutral tones are generally considered the most favorable. These colors have broad appeal and can help potential buyers envision their own furniture and décor in the space. While preferences may vary, some popular neutral colors that are known for their versatility and timeless appeal include:
- Gray: Shades of gray, such as light gray or greige (a mix of gray and beige), are popular choices as they can create a modern and sophisticated atmosphere.
- Beige: Beige tones, including warm beige or creamy off-white, can provide a classic and elegant look that complements various design styles.
- White: Crisp white walls can make a space feel fresh, clean, and spacious. White is often used as a backdrop to showcase architectural details or to create a minimalist aesthetic.
It's worth noting that while neutral colors are generally recommended for broader appeal, local market trends and buyer preferences can also influence color choices.
What are the pros and cons of house painting financing?
- Immediate access to funds: Financing allows you to get your house painting project started without having to wait until you save up enough money.
- Flexible payment options: Financing options often provide flexibility in repayment terms, allowing you to choose a payment plan that fits your budget.
- Spread out the cost: Instead of paying the entire painting cost upfront, financing allows you to spread out the expense over time, making it more manageable.
- Interest charges: Financing options typically involve interest charges, which means you'll end up paying more for the project in the long run.
- Potential debt: Taking on a loan or financing arrangement means taking on additional debt, which may not be desirable for everyone.
- Qualification requirements: Depending on the financing option, you may need to meet certain credit score and income requirements to qualify, which could limit eligibility for some individuals.
What credit score do you need to qualify for house painting financing?
The credit score requirements for house painting financing can vary depending on the lender or financing option you choose. Generally, lenders prefer borrowers with good to excellent credit scores to qualify for favorable terms and interest rates. A credit score in the range of 680 or higher is often considered a good starting point to be eligible for financing options.
However, it's important to note that credit scores are not the sole factor lenders consider when evaluating loan applications. Other factors, such as income, debt-to-income ratio, employment history, and overall financial stability, also play a role in the approval process. Some lenders may have more lenient credit requirements or alternative financing options for individuals with lower credit scores.
If you have a lower credit score, it doesn't necessarily mean you won't be able to secure financing for your house painting project. Exploring different financing options, such as personal loans, home improvement loans, or credit cards, may provide more flexibility in credit score requirements. It's recommended to shop around and compare different lenders to find the one that best suits your financial situation and credit profile.
How to apply for painting financing online
Applying for interior and exterior painting financing online typically involves the following steps:
- Research and compare lenders: Explore different lenders or financing options available online that specifically offer financing for home improvement, interior painting, or exterior painting projects. Compare interest rates, terms, and eligibility requirements to find the best option for your needs.
- Gather necessary information: Before starting the online application process, gather all the necessary information and documents you'll need to provide. This may include personal information (such as your name, address, and contact details), employment information, income details, and potentially some financial documents like bank statements or tax returns.
- Visit the lender's website: Once you've chosen a lender, visit their website and navigate to their online application portal. Look for sections or options related to interior and exterior painting financing or home improvement loans.
- Fill out the application form: Complete the online application form, providing accurate and detailed information as requested. Be prepared to answer questions about your personal and financial situation, employment, income, and the specific details of your interior or exterior painting project.
- Submit the application: Review the application form to ensure all information is accurate and complete. Once you're satisfied, submit the application online.
- Await approval and review terms: After submitting the application, the lender will review your information and assess your eligibility. If approved, you'll receive notification of the approval and be provided with the loan terms, including the interest rate, repayment schedule, and any applicable fees.
- Accept the loan offer: If you're satisfied with the terms and conditions, accept the loan offer as directed by the lender. This may involve electronically signing the loan agreement.
- Receive funds and start your project: Upon acceptance, the lender will typically disburse the funds to your designated account. Once the funds are available, you can use them to finance your interior or exterior painting project.
Personal Loans for Every Occasion
Personal Loan Types
Auto Repair Loans
Credit Card Consolidation Loans
Fast Personal Loans
Home Improvement Loans
Horse Barn Financing
Family Planning Loans
Land Purchase Financing
Manufactured Home Financing
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery Financing
Owner Builder Construction Loans
Personal Loans for House Down Payment
Personal Loans for Self Employed
Personal Loans for Furniture Expenses
Debt Consolidation Loans
Vacation & Travel Loans
Emergency Personal Loans
Personal Loans with Co-signers
Home Improvement Financing
Bathroom Remodel Financing
Basement Remodel Financing
Boat Dock Loans
Driveway Paving Financing
Home Addition Financing
Hot Tub Financing
Home Insulation Financing
Interior & Exterior Painting Financing
Kitchen Remodel Financing
Kitchen Cabinet Financing
Pole Barn Financing
Solar Panel Financing
Swimming Pool Financing
Sunroom Addition Loans
Window Replacement Financing
Loan rate & terms disclosure: Prequalified rates are based on the information you provide and a soft credit inquiry. Receiving prequalified rates does not guarantee that the Lender will extend you an offer of credit. You are not yet approved for a loan or a specific rate. All credit decisions, including loan approval, if any, are determined by Lenders, in their sole discretion. Rates and terms are subject to change without notice. Rates from Lenders may differ from prequalified rates due to factors which may include, but are not limited to: (i) changes in your personal credit circumstances; (ii) additional information in your hard credit pull and/or additional information you provide (or are unable to provide) to the Lender during the underwriting process; and/or (iii) changes in APRs (e.g., an increase in the rate index between the time of prequalification and the time of application or loan closing. (Or, if the loan option is a variable rate loan, then the interest rate index used to set the APR is subject to increases or decreases at any time). Lenders reserve the right to change or withdraw the prequalified rates at any time.
Requesting prequalified rates on Credible is free and doesn't affect your credit score. However, applying for or closing a loan will involve a hard credit pull that impacts your credit score and closing a loan will result in costs to you.