Ear Surgery Financing
Get pre-qualified for a personal loan in just minutes with no impact on your credit score.
Loan Options for Ear Surgeries
If you’re unhappy with the way your ears look, then you may be considering surgery to change your appearance. This is particularly common for teens who feel self-conscious and for adults experiencing hair loss and no longer have hair to cover the features of their ears they don’t like.
Besides aesthetics, you may also need ear surgery if you need to correct some damage caused by injury or if ear tubes are needed. However, surgical procedures are expensive and if you decide that you or a loved one needs ear surgery or otoplasty then you may need to look for finance.
Applying for ear surgery financing is fast and easy:
Compare Your Personal Loan Options
What is ear surgery financing?
Ear surgery or otoplasty financing is any form of loan that you use to fund ear surgery, both cosmetic (otoplasty) and otherwise. A personal loan is the commonest way of doing this but there are other ways of borrowing that we also need to discuss.
How does ear surgery/otoplasty financing work?
The majority of people take out a personal loan to cover the costs involved with ear surgery. A bank or other financial institution lends you a sum of money to cover all the costs involved with the medical procedure which you pay back, plus interest, over the term of the loan. The time period (term) is generally between two and five years but may be shorter or longer than this.
What are the best ear surgery/otoplasty personal loans?
For most, a personal loan makes the greatest sense when looking for finance for ear surgery/otoplasty. Below is a list of some of the best offers.
Not sure which option is best for you? Click here to find the best rate and compare all offers.
- Avant: borrow $2,000-$35,000 at 9.95-35.99% (minimum credit score: 550)
- Axos Bank: borrow $10,000-$50,000 at 6.79-17.99% (minimum credit score: 700)
- LendingClub: borrow $1,000-$40,000 at 7.04-35.89% (minimum credit score: 600)
- LightStream: borrow $5,000-$100,000 at 4.49-20.49% (minimum credit score: 660)
- Universal Credit: borrow $1,000-$50,000 at 8.93-35.43% (minimum credit score: 560)
- Upgrade: borrow $1,000-$50,000 at 5.94-35.47% (minimum credit score: 560)
- Upstart: borrow $1,000-$50,000 at 4.81-35.99% (minimum credit score: none)
How much does ear surgery/otoplasty cost?
In the US the average cost of otoplasty in 2020 was $3,736 according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. But this figure does not often include anesthesia, operating room costs, or other linked expenses. The total cost will depend on the precise procedure you need.
Are there different types of ear surgery/otoplasty?
Generally speaking, there are three types of otoplasty:
- Ear augmentation: If someone has abnormally sized ears or ones that have not fully developed they may seek otoplasty to enlarge the size of their outer ear.
- Ear pinning: Having ears that stick out too far can be remedied by otoplasty, drawing the ears closer to the head.
- Ear reduction: For those that have larger than normal ears, a condition called macrotia, otoplasty can be used to reduce them.
- Ear reshaping: Otoplasty can “remodel” your ears if they are misshapen.
In addition to cosmetic surgery, many children have ear tubes inserted to drain fluid from the inner ear and help prevent recurrent ear infections. If an ear, nose, and throat doctor recommends such a procedure, your family health insurance plan will probably cover it.
Will my health insurance cover ear surgery/otoplasty?
It depends. Elective surgery like otoplasty is rarely covered by your insurance. However, if ear surgery is needed for medical reasons and advised by your doctor it will likely be covered.
Do otoplasty scars fade?
Yes, they do indeed fade over time but do not disappear completely. However, generally, the scars are behind the ear and therefore not visible.
What to Expect After Ear Tube Surgery in Adults
Myringotomy is the name for the surgical procedure whereby a hole is made in the eardrum to drain fluid from the inner ear. You may experience pops and clicks or minor pain when you burp, yawn, or chew until the ear heals and accepts the tubes. Normally, the healing process should take up to four weeks and the tubes should fall out within a year. In a few cases, further surgery is needed to remove the tubes.
Ready to find the best loan for cosmetics & plastic surgery procedures? Get started!
Need help finding the right loan?
No worries, we've got you covered! Compare personalized loan options in just minutes without impact on your credit score.
How Pasha Funding Works
How much do ear reduction and reconstruction surgeries cost?
When you include surgeon’s fees, facility expenses, and anesthesia costs you are looking at somewhere between $6,000 - $10,000 for the procedure. You will also need to budget for post-surgery medications and follow-up appointments.
What kind of results can I expect from otoplasty?
Ears form a major part of your appearance and otoplasty is a great way to allow you to have the ears you want. Recovery is usually fast and besides some mild discomfort, you can go about your life as normal almost immediately, though this will depend on the procedure.
How can I finance ear surgery/otoplasty?
The best ways to finance otoplasty are:
- Savings: Any sort of loan costs money, so if you can finance all or part of the operation with savings and investments you should think about doing so. However, you may not want to reduce your savings pot or disturb long-term investments.
- Personal Loans: Often the simplest way to pay for otoplasty is to take out a personal loan and spread the costs over a few years. This solution is particularly suitable for anyone who has a good or excellent credit score and can qualify for a low interest rate and generous term length.
- 0% APR Credit Cards: Credit cards are an option in helping to pay for ear surgery if you can qualify for a 0% card with a high enough credit limit. But remember that if you don’t pay back the money within the introductory period the interest rate will rise dramatically.
- HELOC: A Home Equity Line of Credit is a possibility for paying for otoplasty. Much like a credit card, you are given a line of credit that allows you to dip into it when you need to. Rember, this form of borrowing is secured against your home, so while you may get a high credit limit and enjoy a low interest rate, should you default you may lose your home.
- 401(k) Loan: This is a good option if your 401(k) plan allows you to access your retirement savings before you retire because there is no interest and no credit check involved. Be aware that it may impact your retirement plans.
- In-House Financing: Many plastic surgery businesses offer finance in partnership with a lender. This may be the easiest way to organize financing but make certain you can’t get a better deal elsewhere.
Pros & Cons of Ear Surgery/Otoplasty Financing
- Stop having ears you feel draw attention
- Get the work done now, rather than waiting until you have saved enough
- You don’t have to use your savings
- You can pay over a short or long term
- Unless you have good credit a loan can be hard to afford
What credit score do you need to obtain ear surgery/otoplasty financing?
A credit score of 690 or over will give you access to the best loans. Anything under 600 and you will find finance hard to come by and expensive if you can find it.
Can I get ear surgery/otoplasty financing with bad credit?
With poor credit, you will find it very difficult to secure a loan and likely to be mega-expensive if you do. You should be realistic about your finances and how much you can afford. Use our calculator to find out if financing may be a realistic option for you or not.
Ear Surgery/Otoplasty Financing Calculator
Make sure you understand how much your repayments may cost you with our calculator:
Ready to apply for a personal loan?
Compare rates from top lenders with no impact on your credit, ever.
How to Qualify for Ear Surgery/Otoplasty Financing
To qualify for affordable financing for your ear surgery/otoplasty, you’ll need:
- A credit score over 660
- A debt-to-income ratio of 30% or less
- Annual income over $20,000
Compare ear surgery/otoplasty personal loans and apply
Otoplasty can change your life and make you more confident. A consultation with your chosen surgeon should give you a cost breakdown and an accurate idea of how much you need to cover all the bills.
With this figure in mind, it is time to compare loans, make your choice, and apply. We’ve collected the best ear surgery/otoplasty personal loans in our tables, all you need to do is compare rates and find the best loan for your situation. When you’ve made your choice, just click apply and the funding will soon be in your account.
Cosmetic Financing Options
Face & Neck
Personal Loans for Every Occasion
Find Your Best Rate
Compare Best Personal Loans
Personal Loan Payoff Calculator
Personal Loan Lender Reviews
Personal Loans By Credit
Personal Loans for Fair Credit
Personal Loans for Good Credit
Personal Loans for Excellent Credit
Personal Loan Types
Auto Repair Loans
Credit Card Consolidation Loans
Fast Personal Loans
Home Improvement Loans
Horse Barn Financing
Family Planning Loans
Land Purchase Financing
Manufactured Home Financing
Cosmetic & Plastic Surgery Financing
Owner Builder Construction Loans
Personal Loans for House Down Payment
Personal Loans for Self Employed
Personal Loans for Furniture Expenses
Debt Consolidation Loans
Vacation & Travel Loans
Emergency Personal Loans
Personal Loans with Co-signers
Home Improvement Financing
Bathroom Remodel Financing
Basement Remodel Financing
Boat Dock Loans
Driveway Paving Financing
Home Addition Financing
Hot Tub Financing
Home Insulation Financing
Interior & Exterior Painting Financing
Kitchen Remodel Financing
Kitchen Cabinet Financing
Pole Barn Financing
Solar Panel Financing
Swimming Pool Financing
Sunroom Addition Loans
Window Replacement Financing